Pixed is 0.7 version now. It was almost completely rewritten in order to free from Qt stuff and replace it with libchthon and SDL2. Also couple of new features were introduced, such as transparency checkerboard background and copy-paste mode. New pixed font (taken from Miniban) is available.
Copy-paste mode is divided into two steps.
- First step, Copy mode, allows user to select any rectangular area inside the image. Selected area is enclosed into rubberband rectangle. Once user has selected desired area, they press
Vkey and enter into Paste mode.
- Second step, Paste mode, allows user to pick a place where selected image will be inserted to. Usually 1px-wide cursor becomes of size of the selected area and user moves it on the image. Once they reach position to paste, they press
Enterand pixels are rewritten.
Pixed is a tiny pixel editor with simple interface and keyboard-only (vi-like) control, designed specifically for pixel graphics and XPM files editing. XPM is a simple text format, perfectly suitable to small pixel graphics images. Each XPM file is a syntactycally correct C/C++ code block, which can be inlined as-is into a source file and serve as a easily embedded resourse.
Chthon::Pixmap class from
libchthon was designed specifically to handle such inlined images.
Features it support are:
- XPM files editing only.
- Palette control (adding new colors and changing existing ones).
- Transparent color using checkerboard background to display transparency.
- Copy-paste mode: select rectangular part of the image and paste it anywhere on the canvas.
- Traditional zoom and grid.